We care about your privacy! That’s a fact!
Now, you want to know how We do not only talk the talk, but also walk the walk… But you find privacy policies long, boring and full of legalese.
That’s why We provide you with this 2 minute-read summary. This summary will provide you with the necessary information and will get you up to speed in no time on how We process your Personal Data.
What is there to know:
First of all, We live and die by our mantra: you always remain the sole owner of your data.
What information do We collect about you?
- When you register for your Royal Botania account, We collect some general personal details such as your username, name, capacity (client, press, dealer, architect, …), address, country, eventual website, desired language for communication, e-mail address, phone number and password.
- When you have technical issues or questions about our services and products, We keep track of written communication, as well as your contact details and occupation within the Royal Botania Support team.
Why do We collect this information?
- To ensure that you can make optimal use of the Services on the Website. To improve our services and products and make sure you can make optimal use of your Royal Botania account.
- To contact you and keep you up to date about our products and services.
Who has access to your data?
- Your Personal Data will never be sold or made available to other parties. You always remain the sole owner.
- Only a specific part of the trustworthy Royal Botania team has access to the information you give us.
- Furthermore, We use some suppliers and service providers, such as web hosting services. These parties are legally obliged to ensure your privacy at all times. They can only process data in accordance with our purposes.
- Only anonymized data – which means that you in no way can be identified – might be made available to other parties.
What do you control?
- Also, you can always request a copy of all information We collected about you by sending an e-mail to the same address.
What do We do to protect your data?
- We adopted all kinds of safety measures on a technical and an organizational level.
- Your data is stored on a secured server within the EEA.
- We implemented internal procedures to ensure the confidentiality of our IT-infrastructure and to make sure it is managed responsibly.
Version 1.0 – 21 August 2020
Article 1 – GENERAL
- Royal Botania NV, with registered office in Belgium, Elsendonkstraat 146, 2560 Nijlen, and registered at the Crossroad Bank for Enterprises with number 0447.099.427, (hereinafter “Royal Botania”) and available via https://www.royalbotania.com/ (hereinafter the “Website”); takes responsibility for the processing of your Personal Data on the Website as a “data controller”.
- The collection and processing of Personal Data is governed by strict conditions, enforced by the law. Royal Botania acts in accordance with:
- the EU Regulation of 2016 concerning the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data, regarding the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC; and/or
- all (future) Belgian laws regarding the implementation of this Regulation.
You are not obliged to provide us with your Personal Data, however you must understand that We are not able to deliver you the Services in case you refuse to provide us with certain Personal Data.
Also, you remain the owner of your Personal Data at all times. Royal Botania only uses your Personal Data to provide the Services to you.
Article 2 – COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA
2.1 Data you communicate to us:
|Category 1||Your user details||Information concerning your Royal Botania account and/or you leave us in another context, such as your username, name, capacity (client, press, dealer, architect, …), address, country, eventual website, desired language for communication, e-mail address, phone number and password;Information (if any) concerning your company, such as company name, company address and VAT-number; Social media information, such as your username(s) on your social media.||By registering for your Royal Botania-account;Via social media (e.g. when you like us or contact us via Facebook);By leaving your information at a trade fair;When you contact us through the contact form?|
|Category 2||Your communications through our Services||Information about the communication you had with Royal Botania or through the Services.||When you contact us through the contact form, by telephone, by fax or by any other means.|
|Category 3||Your usage of our Services||Information such as browser features, information about actions related to the Website (such as usage, activity logs and click-throughs), domains, page views and device features (see Article 8).||By placing cookies (see Article 8)|
Article 3 – PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING OF DATA
Royal Botania collects and processes your data primarily for the sale of luxurious designer outdoor furniture of the highest quality.
That being said, We will only use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
3.1 General purposes
|Category 2||Legitimate interest||Communications through our Services will be processed by Royal Botania to ensure that your questions or comments can be answered. To provide optimal communication between you and Royal Botania We keep track of your messages, e-mails and faxes.|
|Category 3||Legitimate interest||Usage of our Services will be used by Royal Botania to maintain the security of the Website and/or Services and to improve it, as well as to create statistics based on a ”legitimate interest” of Royal Botania to improve the Website and/or Services.|
3.2 Direct marketing
Your Personal Data will only be used for direct marketing purposes if you give your explicit and preliminary consent (“opt-in”).
In case you have given your consent and you are added to Royal Botania’s direct mailing list, Royal Botania may use your Personal Data to send you marketing material as well as other material relating to Royal Botania, her products and/or Services.
Royal Botania can also transfer some of your Personal Data to her partners, for direct marketing purposes relating to Royal Botania, her products and/or Services.
This consent can be revoked at all times, for free and without motivation, by clicking the unsubscribe button below every promotional e-mail.
Royal Botania will use third parties to perform and enable our Services. Examples of suppliers and service providers include entities that enable web hosting services.
Royal Botania has taken all legal and technical precautions to prevent unauthorized access and use.
In the event of total or partial reorganization or transfer of Royal Botania’s activities whereby Royal Botania reorganizes, transfers or in the event of Royal Botania being declared bankrupt, your Personal Data may be transferred to new entities or third parties. Royal Botania will inform you in advance of the fact that Royal Botania transfers your Personal Data to a third party.
3.4 Legal requirements
In extraordinary circumstances it may occur that Royal Botania is obliged to transfer your Personal Data following a court order, or in order to comply with imperative laws and/or regulations. Royal Botania will, if reasonably possible, try to inform you on beforehand, unless revealing this information is subject to legal constraints.
Article 4 – DURATION OF THE PROCESSING
We will store and process your Personal Data for the period We are legally obliged to do so, or for as long as this is essential for the purposes of the processing, as well as the contractual relationship between you and Royal Botania.
You have at any time the possibility to stop using the Services. However, if you no longer use Royal Botania, Royal Botania will contact you from time to time (= at least once every 2 years) to ask if you want us to keep storing your Personal Data.
If Royal Botania is no longer able to keep track of your Personal Data, it will be sent to you electronically and in the format normally used.
If you do not exercise your right of deletion, your Personal Data will be kept for the following periods:
- Category 1: We will keep your user details for as long as your Royal Botania-account is active and for the next 2 years or if We have received your information by any other means, We will keep your user details for 3 years;
- Category 2: We keep your communications through our Services for as long as your Royal Botania-account is active and for the next 2 years or if you do not have an account, We will keep your communications through our Services for 2 years;
- Category 3: We keep track of your use of our Services for as long as your Royal Botania-account is active and for the next 3 years for which it is essential to ensure the security of our Services or if you do not have an Royal Botania-account, We will keep track of your use of our Services for 3 years.
Article 5 – YOUR RIGHTS
5.1 Right of access and right to obtain a copy
You have the right to freely obtain at any moment access to your Personal Data, as well as to be informed about the purpose of the processing by Royal Botania.
5.2 Right to rectification, erasure or restriction
You have the choice to share your Personal Data with Royal Botania. You always have the right to ask us to amend your Personal Data. You can also request the processing of your Personal Data to be restricted if you think that your data is inaccurate and you subsequently notified us about this. In addition, you have the right to ask Royal Botania to erase your data in as far We were not able to anonymize it. Furthermore, you acknowledge that a refusal to share Personal Data or a request to erase their Personal Data will make the delivery of several Royal Botania Services impossible.
5.3. Right to object:
You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data when you have serious and legitimate reasons to do so. You also have the right to object to the use of your Personal Data for purposes of direct marketing. In such case specific reasoning will not be requested.
5.4. Right to data portability:
You have the right to obtain your Personal Data which is processed by Royal Botania in a structured, commonly used format and/or to transfer this data to another data controller.
5.5. Right to withdraw consent:
When the processing is based on prior consent you have the right to withdraw this consent.
5.6. Automated decisions and profiling:
You have the right to request us not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
5.7 Exercising your rights:
You can exercise your rights by contacting us with a copy of the front of your ID as attachment, either through email to marketing(at)royalbotania.com or by mail to:
5.8. Right to file a complaint:
You have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
Data Protection Authority
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels,
Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35,
However, you are always free to contact your own European or EU-vested authority thereto. This does not affect a procedure before the civil court. If you have suffered damages caused by the processing of your Personal Data, you can file a claim for damages.
Article 6 – SAFETY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
- We have adopted safety measures which are suited on both a technical and an organizational level to avoid the destruction, the loss, the forgery, the adjustment, the non-authorised access or the notification of the Personal Data by accident to a third party, as well as the non-authorised processing of these Personal Data. Nevertheless, if these events would occur and would affect your Personal Data, Royal Botania will inform you of the breach without undue delay, including a summary description of the potential impact and a recommendation on measures to mitigate the possible adverse effects of the breach. Royal Botania shall not be liable in any way for direct or indirect damages caused by a wrongfully or improper use of the Personal Data by a third party.
- At the same time, you also share responsibility for maintaining the privacy and security of the Services, for example: by not allowing any third party to have insight in the booklet provided by Royal Botania where your Personal Data and results are gathered.
- You are solely responsible for the use of the Services on your devices, IP-address and identification data, as well as for its confidentiality.
- In any case, you need to immediately notify Royal Botania of any unauthorized use of your Royal Botania-Account by sending an e-mail to marketing(at)royalbotania.com.
Article 7 – APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
Article 8 – COOKIES
8.1. What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a small file sent by Royal Botania’s server and placed on your computer’s hard drive. The information stored on these cookies can only be read by Royal Botania and only for the duration of the visit to the Website.
The cookies We use are safe. The information We collect using cookies helps us to identify any errors or to show you specific services that might be of interest for you.
8.3. Types of cookies: